Students’ Sociology Club „Discrepancy“ and Philosophy Students Association (USF)
are delivering an invitation
to apply for participation on the
that will take part from 14th to 17th of November, this year, at the University of Humanities and Social sciences (Filozofski fakultet) in Zagreb.
Urban culture includes a wide spectrum of phenomena which can be observed through positive and negative, functional and dysfunctional aspects of impact urban culture has on the individual, community and society.
This set of phenomena logically seeks interdisciplinary approach when problematizing them, so besides sociologists, we can aspect participation from students, experts and researchers from other fields of study (philosophy, politology, history, anthropology, economy, ecology, geography, journalism etc.).
Apart from presentations symposium will mostly consist of, we also want to invite you to open lectures in cooperation with professors and civil rights associations.
Theme suggestions (we welcome additional expansions):
- cultural determinism
- clash of cultures
- theory of systems
- tradition and retraditionalization
- the death of multiculturalism
- the emanation and decline of civilizations
- society movements
- art as origin and reflection of change
- integration of cultural minorities
- urbanism and urbanization
WORLD AND RELIGION
- religion as a factor of development
- holy and secular
- social functions of religion
- religious fundamentalism and terrorism
- sustainable development – potential or myth?
- technology and technique
- steady growth as ideology
- work market and ideology of work
- core income
- society of risk
- geographical impact on economic systems
- sociology of tourism
SOCIOLOGY OF TIME AND THE FUTURE
SOCIOLOGY OF DEATH
CULTURE AND SPECTACLE
SOCIOLOGY OF TASTE – FASHION AND AESTETICS
KNOWLEDGE AND SCIENCE
- science as ideology
- sociology of education
- history of ideas
- knowledge and ideas
SOCIOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SPORT
SOCIOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF MUSIC
ORGANIZATION OF SOCIETY
- functions and norms
- stratification of cultural and environmental factors
- alternative forms of family life
SOCIOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF BODY
SOCIOLOGY OF RISK
SOCIOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF TERRORISM
SOCIOLOGY OF NUTRITION
SOCIOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF HEALTH
HEALTH AS IDEOLOGY
MODERNISM AND POSTMODERNISM
- It is possible to apply with the summaries of presentations that are thematically beyond the suggested subjects, but are still in the boundaries of the main research tendency.
Application for participation:
- Participation at the symposium is possible by filling out the application form. We will take into consideration applications sent to us by 15th of October, this year. Applications should be up to 250 words long, and are to be sent (in Croatian or English) on an e-mail address: email@example.com
- Official language of the symposium is Croatian, but we kept the possibility of presenting the theme in English.
- Participation is free. Presenters will be secured with an accommodation arrangement. Expanses of trip are on the participants themselves.
- More information on www.diskrepancija.hr
- Application form is here.
- We welcome you to proceed the invitation to everyone that you might find interested in the field.
- You can send additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject „Simpozij – Urbana kultura“