SOCIOLOGY STUDENT’S CLUB DISKREPANCIJA
call for application to the international symposium
which will be held 15 – 18 November 2016 at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb.
Change can represent a broad spectrum of phenomena. We can observe change through positive and negative impacts it has on individuals, communities and societies. Social theories, political ideologies, social movements, etc. have all dealt with encouraging, slowing down, and preventing the process of change.
This kind of set of phenomena has to be studied interdisciplinary, alongside sociologists, we expect students and researchers of, as well as experts in other disciplines, such as philosophy, political science, history, anthropology, economics, ecology, geography, journalism and others.
Besides presentations, we have discussions and round tables in store, in co-operation with teachers and civil society associations.
Topic extent (with the possible additions):
- cultural determinism
- culture clash
- system theory
- tradition and retraditionalization
- the death of multiculturalism
- the beginning and end of civilizations
- social movements
- art as a source and the reflection of change
- integration of cultural minorities
- RELIGION AND THE WORLD
- religion as a development factor
- sacred and secular
- social functions of religion
- religious fundamentalism and terrorism
- sustainable development – possibility or a myth?
- technology and technics
- constant growth as an ideology
- job market and ideology of work
- basic income
- risk society
- geographical influence on economic system
- sociology of tourism
- SOCIOLOGY OF TIME AND THE FUTURE
- SOCIOLOGY OF DEATH
- CULTURE AND SPECTACLE
- SOCIOLOGY OF TASTE – FASHION AND ESTETICS
- KNOWLEDGE AND SCIENCE
- science as an ideology
- sociology of education
- the history of ideas
- knowledge and ideas
- ORGANIZATION OF SOCIETY
- functions and forms
- stratification, cultural and environmental factors
- alternative forms of family
- SOCIOLOGY OF THE BODY
- SOCIOLOGY OF NUTRITION
- SOCIOLOGY OF HEALTH
- HEALTH AS AN IDEOLOGY
- CHANGE AND PSYCHOANALYSIS
- You may also submit papers which do not deal with suggested topics, but are connected with the main topic of the symposium.
- To apply for participation in the symposium You have to fill out the application form. The deadline for submitting Your application and summary (250 words) is on 10 October 2016. The applications should be submitted in either Croatian or English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Croatian is the official language of the symposium, with the option of presenting in English.
- There is no participation fee. Accomodation will be provided for all the presenters. The presenters have to cover the cost of their travel expenses.
- *For more information visit: www.diskrepancija.hr
- **You can find the application form here.
- We kindly ask You to forward this call to any potential presenters and participants.
- If you were to need any clarification, You can reach us at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to Your papers and participation!